Custom Buttons Ottawa does not sell addresses or any information with regard to our clients and customers
Custom Buttons Ottawa collects e-mail addresses of people who send us e-mail. We also collect information on what pages users access and information provided to us by users via surveys and site registrations. Such information may contain personal data about you including your address, phone numbers, credit card numbers etc. We are not allowed to disclose such personal information without your written permission. However, certain information collected from you and about you is used within the context of providing the Service. The information we collect is not shared with or sold to others except under the certain circumstances and which your use of the Service is deemed to provide to us a valid consent to disclose the following:
- Custom Buttons Ottawa does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested or when we have your permission.
What we do with your information
- When you purchase from Custom Buttons Ottawa, we ask for your name, company name, email address, billing address, and credit card or PayPal information for checkout purposes.
- Custom Buttons Ottawa uses the information we collect for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- For Resellers: As part of the buying and selling process on Custom Buttons Ottawa, you will obtain the email address and/or shipping address of your customers. By entering into our User Agreement, you agree that, with respect to other users’ personal information that you obtain through Custom Buttons Ottawa or through a Custom Buttons Ottawa-related communication or Custom Buttons Ottawa facilitated transaction, Custom Buttons Ottawa hereby grants to you a license to use such information only for Custom Buttons Ottawa related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages. Custom Buttons Ottawa does not tolerate spam. Therefore, without limiting the foregoing, you are not licensed to add the name of someone who has purchased an item from you, to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number on our registration form, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can email us at info@CustomButtonsOttawa.com
Custom Buttons Ottawa may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with court orders requiring us to do so, or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
Client Data Storage
Custom Buttons Ottawa uses the Shopify platform and does not have access to all areas of the system. Jaded Pixel owns the data storage, databases and all rights to the Shopify application; however, we make no claim to the rights of your data. You retain all rights to your data and we will never contact your clients directly, or use your data for our own business advantage or to compete with you or market to your clients.
CookiesA cookie is a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- When you browse our website, we also employ Google Analytics to track a number of aggregate statistics including:
- how many visitors and sessions
- new or returning visitors
- most popular pages
- entry/exit pages
- time of day/date
- device statistics (browser, operating system, device brand, etc.)
- approximate location
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it occasionally. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you directly or by means of a notice on our homepage so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
Any questions about the Shopify System should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Jaded Pixel Technologies Inc., 61a York St., Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 5T2 Canada.